May 25, 2012

Outfit 5.24.12: I Love My Bike


/ Shirt: Target / Skirt: Thrifted / Belt: Ruche / Shoes: Walmart Clearance / Necklace: Vintage /

I love Walmart's clearance rack in their shoe department. LOVE. IT. I've been eyeballing these brown faux suede loafers for a little while now, they've been on clearance forever. I wish I would have waited just a little longer to get them though and maybe I would have gotten them even cheaper, they were marked down to $7 when I bought them. 

Now on to the outfit! Sorry, I just had to confess my love for cheap shoes at Walmart real quick. Anyways, I really love this skirt but I'm an idiot for wearing such a heavy skirt on such a hot day! It sure is a nice skirt to have during the winter though. This necklace (like 89.9% of the jewelry I own) was my grandmothers. My family was cleaning out her house after she died and of course the first thing I went for was the jewelry box. My cousin and I found two of these necklaces that were exactly the same so she has one and I have one :) Now this shirt... I love this shirt so much because I also love my bike so much! She's a beauty! And she has a nice, wide seat and she's a gorgeous color. I didn't even think about taking pictures with her until right this second, bummer! But you can click here to see what kind of bike I have. That baby was my best friend for awhile. I haven't rode it since I moved to the mountains (I'm terrified to ride it on these hilly, curvy, narrow roads!) and that makes me pretty sad, especially now since the tires are flat and the handle bars are collecting rust. When I lived in Mo though, I rode it all the time! The farthest I went on it was 20 miles (there and back, so 40 all together). I also lost 30 pounds the summer my bike and I were attached at the hip. One day, though, I'm going to fix it up and she'll look brand new and I'll hop on and we'll ride into the sunset and live happily ever after.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...